shedding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

craze121

My baby bearded dragon is 10 weeks old and this is second time he is shedding but this part of he's head don't Shedd how I can hello him
96601-2273321296.jpg

Blm216

Heads can take along time to shed. Generally longer than the rest of the body. If you feel you need to do something, you could pick up some “shed aid” at your local pet store.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Well first off, don't EVER try to "help" him shed any part of his body by pulling, scratching, or doing anything else of the skin. By pulling it off too early you can cause a horrible wound because the new skin underneath may not ready yet, and you'll rip it off too. This is a horrible situation when it happens, but it's easy to avoid, just never, ever try to pull any shed off.

Some areas do take longer to shed than others, usually the tail is what takes the longest time to shed, simply because it's got the thickest skin. However, every dragon is different, and there is no "regular" time period that a Dragon should shed in, nor is there a "regular" pattern that they ever shed in. So don't worry that his head is taking longer than the rest of his body did, that's completely normal.

Sometimes you can help by letting them soak in a warm bath for about 15 minutes, then pat them dry, and apply organic, pure, unfiltered coconut oil directly on the shed that remains. I would only bath him once or twice a week though, and obviously you're going to have to keep wetting the area on the top of his head, as it won't be in the water. But you can apply the coconut oil twice a day until the remaining shed comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom