Bearded Dragon Beardie Hatchling (55th day egg) needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viramare

Hey, I have a clutch of 55 days old and 2 of the eggs just hatched today. One of them is less active then the other one but anyway they are a day old.

Now, this morning I've seen two eggs slit. Tonight one of them hatched while the other did not even got his nose out! What I noticed different the one that didnt hatched is where there was the slit they was a pink goeey thing a bit out. But no action at all. The egg seems a little slimy and soft near the others, but I can feel the baby inside the egg when i took it out to see what was happening.

Update: I helped with the one who couldnt get out and still in same position not moving at all, am thinking it was dead in the egg, have to wait and see. Other 2 eggs are getting yellowish and slimy but there is a baby inside for sure.
Other 2 who hatched moved to the enclosure but they are not interested in food or water so I need tips on how to get them eating please?

Any suggestions please? This is my first time breeding.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any luck on the egg this evening? Did you actually see the baby move in the egg?
How many of the others made it out successfully?
I am not a breeder but I know that some have on occasion have cut a small slit if one was
having some trouble. It is a possibility that something could be wrong with him/her if she
isn't coming out though.

Tracie

Viramare

Original Poster
Drache613":34jpcotb said:
Hello,

Any luck on the egg this evening? Did you actually see the baby move in the egg?
How many of the others made it out successfully?
I am not a breeder but I know that some have on occasion have cut a small slit if one was
having some trouble. It is a possibility that something could be wrong with him/her if she
isn't coming out though.

Tracie

Hi Tracie,
Thanks for your reply.
I've tried to cut the slit a little further so now at least his head is out.
Hopefully he is not already dead :( we'll have to see later on I guess.

2 actually made it out in their own. 1 is still attached to the sack and a little active while the other 1 is on his own but less active that is worrying me.
I hope they will be okay!
Thanks

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
So his head is out now? Is he moving at all?

The one with the yolk-sac attached needs to absorb it, so don't try to remove it or anything.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the little one doing? Was he able to get his head out? Definitely let them all absorb
their yolk sacs so they will be healthy.
Keep us posted on him/her.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how are they doing and did you set the new babies up? [ the ones that hatched ] Is the yolk sac still attached ? Once in a while they linger for a day or 2. How is the struggling baby, alive ? Post pics of them all, close ups of the problem one and pics of how you set up the 2 that hatched.

Viramare

Original Poster
AHBD":1e3kegd9 said:
Hi there, how are they doing and did you set the new babies up? [ the ones that hatched ] Is the yolk sac still attached ? Once in a while they linger for a day or 2. How is the struggling baby, alive ? Post pics of them all, close ups of the problem one and pics of how you set up the 2 that hatched.

Hi, I helped the one who couldn t get out and this is the result.. not moving at all and egg has been same position of slit for 2 days so I got worried thats is why I helped out. Now I don't know if this fella is still alive or not, he has been in the same position for a day and not moving at all weather I touch anywhere.
97348-9685785993.jpg

The other 3 eggs in the same box, 2 of them are getting yellow and shrunk but a bit slimy, and the other one is all good white and plumped.

In the meantime I've got this 2 here all hatched, ( now the yolk-sac it is not attached anymore, on it's own) and they moved to this enclosure. But not interested in eating at all neither drinking. I've slightly bath them this morning. Hints for first time feeding would be greatly appriciated.
97348-6100925989.jpg

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The 2 babies look O.K, give them something simple to climb on , even cardboard egg crating. Spritz them a bit every day with lukewarm water, too.

Sadly the one with the huge egg sac will probably not make it. He had a lot more developing to do by absorbing the sac. It's usually O.K if it's about the size of a pea but when it's as big as that there it's not good. There is a slight chance though so leave him in there for now.

The eggs look like they're dying. They get slimy + shiny like that if they die. Give it a another day or 2 but you'll be able to tell for sure by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom