Urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faisal

Hi guys,

I just got home and my beardie is motionless. He’s about 5 years old. Lately he has seemed much more sleepy as usual and has not been eating as much (although he eventually would). When I woke up this morning I noticed his beard was extremely black and he also wasn’t eating at all despite me offering him many different foods. I got worried and was planning on taking him to the vet tomorrow due to it being closed today. I just got home now and he appears to be motionless with one eye slightly open. I tried touching him and nothing. I hope this is not what I think it is and someone could help explain what might be happening. Thanks everyone

Hi, Faisal - I'm sorry, you must be very upset and worried. Have you tried to pick him up, or put him near his basking spot? Anything gentle to get him to stir around a little?

Faisal

Original Poster
dewittfamily":3afqjhz9 said:
Hi, Faisal - I'm sorry, you must be very upset and worried. Have you tried to pick him up, or put him near his basking spot? Anything gentle to get him to stir around a little?

Hi, yes I tried picking him and and he didn’t move st all. Right before I left he was in his basking spot, but once I saw him when I got back he was in the corner of the terrarium.

Faisal

Original Poster
dewittfamily":1cuif9au said:
That doesn't sound good... Is he limp?
He’s just motionless. I sat for like 10 minutes just watching him and his eye stayed half open not moving.

Try to pick him up and hold him to see if you can feel any breathing, if he feels limp or rigid, etc. He may have passed... :( :( :(

Faisal

Original Poster
dewittfamily":3pnmya7o said:
Try to pick him up and hold him to see if you can feel any breathing, if he feels limp or rigid, etc. He may have passed... :( :( :(
I’ll do that. I’ll still take him to the vet in the morning as it’s very late where I am. I’m praying he’s not. Thank you for the help

I'm so sorry. I wish I had something more helpful to give you. If you are not sure, I would try to at least keep him warm, maybe even try a warm bath. Either way, you're not alone - others here will care and support you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That doesn't sound good, if you are not seeing any breathing or movement from him.
As suggested, a bath could maybe rouse him, or turning him on his back to see if you
get any reaction from him.
I am sorry this has happened, it is never easy. Let us know what the vet says.

Tracie

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Faisal,

I am truly sorry for this experience, it is difficult to understand why and to feel so helpless when all you want is for your beardie to healthy, happy and safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom