Please help!! Tail Rot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taechelon

:blob5: Hi, I'm new here and haven't properly introduced myself or my beardie in the right section. I'm sorry for that. I may also be jumping the gun/overly paranoid here by posting in the ER section. Also sorry about that.

I'm a new bearded dragon mom and have a 3 mo named Bebop. Had her for a little over 2 months now. She's going through her second shed and it seems to be taking a little longer than the first one we experienced. I went on youtube to look up some tips to help her and a video for tail rot pops up and grabs my attention. I watched it and now I'm freaking out. Thing is, her tail has always gone from light to dark. So I can't tell if I should be worried or not. Please help!!

This is her when I first got her:

97154-263479027.jpg

And these are literally 10mins ago with/without flash:

97154-5578422882.jpg

97154-6421688162.jpg

And this ones just cause I'm obsessed with how pretty she is:

97154-4482690091.jpg

Any info you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you :(

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hello friend - Afraid I was unable to view your photos. Try uploading them using the "User Image Uploader" under the banner, uploading them there, and then coming back here and hitting the "XING" button in your chat box. Should post something like this:

96999-2307278663.jpg

Sorry I'm not more help right now - I honestly cannot view your photos. Good luck!

Best,
-Ellen

taechelon

Original Poster
Ellentomologist":1lkwy86x said:
Hello friend - Afraid I was unable to view your photos. Try uploading them using the "User Image Uploader" under the banner, uploading them there, and then coming back here and hitting the "XING" button in your chat box. Should post something like this:

96999-2307278663.jpg

Sorry I'm not more help right now - I honestly cannot view your photos. Good luck!

Best,
-Ellen

Thank you! I was able to get it to work!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I dont see anything wrong, just natural darkening of the tail.

If it was tail rot it would look kinked, dead and dried up. Or at least thats the best I could describe it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Venus, no sign of tail rot there. Sadly even vets misdiagnose tail rot sometimes when it's just a naturally dark tail. But your guy is good, very show-off worthy. :)

taechelon

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much!! That def puts my mind at ease. Otherwise I would've been up all night obsessing over this lol

taechelon

Original Poster
Ellentomologist":8k23pi5u said:
What a lovely baby, taechelon! And I agree with the general consensus of no tail rot.

Have a good one,
-Ellen

Thanks so much, Ellen. You have a good one too :)

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Ellen #2 here, lol...I agree as well, but I wanted to let you know to not take much you see on YouTube seriously, because it's full of horrible husbandry and health information, people that have serious issues asking questions and showing bad husbandry, and then even Beardie neglect and abuse. Of course there are some good breeders and such giving good information, but unfortunately you have to weed through the garbage to find the good stuff, and you can drive yourself crazy in the process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom