Constipated beardie?Something more?Very Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanv33

Original Poster
Guys thank you so much for your help and suggestions but sadly I have bad news. Thanos (that's the name we gave our beardie)passed away today .I don't even know how it happened he was eating fine(not a lot but he was still eating) I went to check on him and he had already passed away. I feel like such a crappy pet owner right now and am crying. Sorry guys.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Poor guy may have had other hidden issues, don't blame yourself at all ! You provided a beautiful home for him and went out of your way to try + help him. I'm so sorry, how sad this must be for you, especially when it seemed like a bit of improvement in his condition. :( All my sympathy to you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that Thanos passed away suddenly. :cry: I agree, he must have had
other issues, poor thing. It looked like he was improving. I know it's hard to lose one no
matter how long you have had him.
My sincere condolences to you.

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Oh I'm so sorry, he looked like he was doing great too...Please don't blame yourself, you did nothing purposefully to him, and as soon as you found out what needed corrected you went out and got it, and spent a good amount of money doing it...He could have had another underlying issue, or it could have just been the heat caused him to have temperature regulation issues, I've seen that before too. He definitely was not emaciated, he was taking in enough nutrition...He was just too small for his body to handle the stress, it's so difficult when they are that young and they become ill, their tiny little bodies just can't take it...but it's not at all your fault, I couldn't believe the way you ran out and got him every little thing he needed, plus some.

Whether you know it or not, that usually doesn't happen. The most common issue we see on this forum is people who buy their first baby beardie but they are given bad advice by the pet shop employees, even by the breeders sometimes, and they don't have any of the correct equipment, they almost always have the wrong UVB light or no UVB light at all, no thermometers, the wrong food, tank, etc., and then when we tell them the corrections that need to be made, they typically refuse to buy even the crucial things that they need to just survive, like a proper UVB tube...So it was quite obvious when you ran right out and got him absolutely everything he needed and then some, that you really loved the little guy and wanted him to have the very best of everything, and he did. So please don't feel guilty or anything, you did absolutely everything you could.

Look at it this way, you've learned a lot about caring for them, and you have an absolutely perfect set-up for another little beardie, so if you decide to get another baby you'll be ready to go and you'll know exactly what to do. I know that doesn't make this any easier and you cannot replace the little guy that you lost, but there's no shame in getting another baby. You'd not be replacing the guy you lost, just opening your family and your home up to another baby that needs a loving family.

If you need anything at all or have any questions in future, please do not every hesitate to ask..

Sanv33

Original Poster
I've been meaning to come on the forum to thank everyone who gave me advice and were so understanding when my berdie passed but wasn't able to for grieving reasons and also because I forgot my password. Thank you guys! Some good news. A friend of a friend needed to rehome his adult beardie and he has become part of our family ? This forum helps a lot so thank you to everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom