Possible prolapse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy123

I don't know if this is the start of prolapse, but Mushu has been eating a little strange lately, not anything too worrisome, just strangely, and today I checked his underside, and I saw this. Is this the start of prolapse? Should I take him to the vet?? I know that prolapse is fatal untreated, I also don't want to panic if it isn't prolapse. It isn't a very good picture, I had a hard time getting him to cooperate... It is protruding more then the picture shows...
94828-8049556166.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not a prolapse at all. A prolapse would be red tissue sticking out, literally look like rae red meat. He looks pretty young so I doubt it's a seminal plug so it's just a tiny bit of poo that hasn't come out. Keep feeding him appropriate size bugs and keep him hydrated, that should come out with the next poo.

He does have a patch of unshed skin on his tail, can you get a closer pic of that ? Or keep an eye on it if it looks worse, just to be sure it's not fungal. Get some betadine at the drug store, mix it with water to look the color of iced tea and dab it on the spot on his tail to see if that comes off.You can dab a wee bit on his vent [ his bum ] as well but very lightly .

Sassy123

Original Poster
Ok thanks a lot! I had noticed that spot on his tail, but I was too busy worrying over thoughts of prolapse. I will definitely use the betadine for it...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That isn't a prolapse, luckily. As stated, it looks like some fecal material that is stuck
but it should work itself out. Try giving a bath to see if it works itself loose eventually.
I think he will be just fine! It likely will just clear out when he goes to the bathroom
next.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom