Yellow Fungus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olibee

I have a 7 month old beardie and I’ve noticed some yellow spots on one side of his belly. He had some stuck shed on there that I managed to run off a few weeks ago. The yellow doesn’t seem to be spreading and he’s acting perfectly normal. Could this be yellow fungus?
96699-88598044.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was that there after you got the shed off ? It doesn't look like Y.F, but it can start out looking like something else. Is that possibly a poo stain ?

Olibee

Original Poster
AHBD":a71143be said:
Was that there after you got the shed off ? It doesn't look like Y.F, but it can start out looking like something else. Is that possibly a poo stain ?
No, it wasnt there after. It could be a stain . I bathed him this morning but I didn’t really try to clean it

Olibee

Original Poster
AHBD":vo81ov8o said:
You're welcome. :)
Ok so I tried the toothbrush and a bit of the darker part came off. I think it is a stain and I will wait till his next shed to see.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It doesn't look like Yellow Fungus once it's already progressing, but it could be the start of a fungal infection, whether it be Yellow Fungus or some other strain. You need to watch it closely, and if it gets any larger and spreads at all, then you've probably got something that needs to have a Skin-Scraping test done by a reptile vet and be sent off to the lab for testing. Also, keep in mind that water/baths tend to cause fungal infections on them to spread, so if it persists or spreads, then you need to stop the baths completely until you get a Skin-Scraping done to confirm or rule-out an infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom