Smelly Liquid Squeezed Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misaelc01

My beardie Coco has been squeezing a liquid out of his butt. He is about a year and a half old male. I first noticed this today. I took him out to let him crawl around and he spread out all 4 legs and slightly squirmed around when this brownish foul liquid came out. He stuck his belly out when he did this. I rushed him back to his cage and he continued little after. I took a video of which I took a screenshot. I couldn’t find any other cases online of this. Im a bit worried. I don’t know how to attach the screenshot.

misaelc01

Original Poster
No. It was a brown-yellow liquid. I thought it was pee until I found out they don’t pee. He eats mostly dried crickets and occasionally mealworms. He stuck his belly out when he did this.

misaelc01

Original Poster
96779-6961566438.jpg
He looks bloated and sad now. It is late though. And no actually. They told me he’s male when I got him at the pet store

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You might want to check to be sure. Here's how to do it with a flashlight :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

Or you can arch the tail up like it shows there + take a picture to post here. I just want to sure it's not possibly a female that expelled some broken eggs.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Post a few more, sorry you'll have to disturb her. Just use regular lighting rather than a darkened room. From that pic it looks female....just looked again and not sure but more pics will help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm pretty sure it's a female. What I thought might be hemipenes in the first pic is just tendons. Let her get some rest now, she's tuckered out. If she seems sick tomorrow see if you can find an experienced reptile vet to have a look. I wish you had pics of her poo, if she passes anything like that again be sure to take a pic, that was the important part.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. If she's still awake give her a little drink, just drips of water on her nose. Then give her a warm 10 minute bath tomorrow.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I think you need to get her looked at by a reptile vet as I'm betting she's severely impacted ---> only passing liquids.
And I wouldn't hold off on that as they can go downhill very fast when this starts happening because they have a gut full of putrifying food and poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom