My beardie has a strange scale in her shed.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

My beardie has a strange scale in her shed.

Postby Beagle23 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:04 am

My beardie did her first complete shed yesterday. I have a microscope so I went and saw a piece of the shed. I noticed there was a scale with a different coloration that the ones around it. Is this something I need to be worried about. :(
Sorry for the quality of the picture I don't have the best camera
[Click image to enlarge]
Beagle23
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My beardie has a strange scale in her shed.

Postby AHBD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:36 am

It's impossible to make out what that is but scale sheds can very a bit in color + texture....your beardie is fine. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Re: My beardie has a strange scale in her shed.

Postby EllenD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am

It's very difficult to take a photo under a scope that is visible, unless you have a very expensive, photographic compound light microscope. That being said, and as AHBD already said, every scale on his body is going to be a slightly different color and texture than the next, some will be very different. Unless you see an uncontrolled "growth" of either scales/skin or something on top of the scales/skin, like a tumor, cyst, etc., then it's completely normal.

If you want to post a photo just for peace of mind, just take a normal photo of your dragon or the scale in question with your phone and post it, don't bother with the scope...
"Dance like nobody's watching..."
EllenD
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER