Bearded dragon gone black and won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackRhino

my bearded dragon has gone black over her entire body and isn't eating, she barley moves and she's been like this for 3 days now and I'm getting worried about her, she stays under her basking heat light and has pood but she still isn't eating and I am wondering if she might have parasites but don't know how to tell if she does.

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
Beardies will turn completely black if they're trying to heat up quickly, or she could be very stressed out about something.

For starters:

How old is she?
What are your temps?
What are you checking the enclosure temps with?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Any update of this? How is he doing? Something is very wrong if his entire body has actually "turned black"...if he's just darkening himself while under his lights then that is completely normal, as they darken themselves to attract more heat/light while under their lights, and will then lighten/brighten up when removed from the tank and are no longer under lights. However, if your dragon actually "turned black", then this is not normal...so I'm not sure which you're talking about without a photo of him...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please let us know how your dragon is doing.
We can help with your tank setup also, if you will review your lighting, supplementation,
& temperatures with us, we can try to pinpoint any issues going on.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom