New baby beardie won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jengal

New to having a beardie. Got from a pet store a couple weeks ago. Thought we did a lot of research but he doesn't eat much of anything and now he seems to be turning dark (which I know is bad) please help. I've included pictures of set up and little Odin
96720-7726022545.jpg
96720-194787793.jpg
96720-8557067513.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, little Odi is barely more than a hatchling and in a precarious situation. Did he start out more active or has he been lethargic from the start? Although your set up is beautiful, the tank is waaaay too big for a sick little dragon. Set him up in a baby enclosure like this, note how I have the uvb across the top and placement of the heat bulb.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29889/full

Just put one basking object in with him and feed him right on the floor where the food is easy to see. He needs a simple set up to find his food + have easy access to the basking spot. Offer water dripped on his snout for a drink. If you feed him crickets, use ONLY ones that are smaller than the space between his eyes. Put 3-4 in a jar with a pinch of calcium powder and shake it so the crix get weak + dizzy. Then drop them right near him. If he eats those, offer more.You can also get some Calci worms to drop near him as well.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I just wanted to say get rid of the red lamp. Its junk. And he needs a better uvb light. A t5 reptisun 10.0. Also if those stick on thermometers are what you are using those are not accurate. You want a digital with a wire probe or a temp gun. Good luck with your little guy :D

Jengal

Original Poster
I meant to mention the red lamp isn't usually there. The humidity got high yesterday and I put that tree to raise the temp in the cage in the hopes of lowering the humidity I put it there after this was happening though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Have you switched him to a small temporary tank like I showed you ? That needs to be done ASAP. he is weak and totally lost in the big tank. That is the # thing you need to do, he can go back to the other tank once he's grown + healthy. He is so tiny that he may not make it anyway [ sad that they sell such hatchlings at the stores and even some breeders sell them that small ] I have over 20 years experience + have raised loads of babies from the egg, so I'm just telling you what to do to give him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom