Dragon ate string

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feed him some roaches this morning and noticed when I poured them in there was a piece of string hanging on one. Before I could get it he ate it. He is very active and has been eating roaches and collard greens. I also saw him drink some water.

What can I now feed him to help limit any possible impaction? I am worried and want to do everything I can to help him.

EddieMaher

Original Poster
It was very thin and about an inch or so long. The roaches come in a little cloth pouch, it must have come off that.

I know shredded carrots give him watery poops, would that help? Also, he has never had a bath and wondering if that would also help.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldnt worry about it too much but bathing may help as well. Make sure the water only goes as high as his shoulders and is lukewarm, not too hot not too cold.

EddieMaher

Original Poster
Thanks for your response. I will bath him tonight and watch him over the next few days to ensure he is acting normally.

My nature is to worry too much.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with Venus, I wouldn't worry at all about an inch-long piece of cotton string at all, it will either be digested by his stomach acid or it will just be passed whole in his poop. I wouldn't change anything in his diet or give him a laxative slurry to try to help, that's unnecessary and can only cause issues. I don't know how often your dragon has a bowel movement, but it should pass in the next couple of days. If he shows any sign of being impacted and not having regular bowel movements in the next few days then that's another story, but I wouldn't worry about this one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom