Cleaning after yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently lost my beardie mushu to yellow fungus. She got to a point where I decided it was time to put her down. Now i want another one. I got rid of all the old decor, I am bleaching the tank and taking care of that but I have one problem. How do I clean carpet!! Its going to be hard because I let her roam all around my floor which is carpet before I knew about the fungus. Not quite sure how to clean the carpet, and was wondering if anyone knows how.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sad to hear she didn't make it =(. That's a rough disease for them to have to fight. As far as cleaning goes, I still suggest using the F10 mixed at a fairly high concentration https://beanfarm.com/products/f10sc-veterinary-disinfectant-100-ml-3-4-oz?variant=24905406857. You might be able to spray the carpet with this but I'd test it on an out of the way area first to make sure it doesn't stain or cause problems with the carpet. You might be able to use a steam cleaner to move through large areas of carpet more efficiently. I'm not sure how effective a carpet cleaner would be at disinfecting though so I'd probably rely on the F10 if possible (and maybe do both).

Jakestaken

Original Poster
CooperDragon":10r16fwf said:
I'm sad to hear she didn't make it =(. That's a rough disease for them to have to fight. As far as cleaning goes, I still suggest using the F10 mixed at a fairly high concentration https://beanfarm.com/products/f10sc-veterinary-disinfectant-100-ml-3-4-oz?variant=24905406857. You might be able to spray the carpet with this but I'd test it on an out of the way area first to make sure it doesn't stain or cause problems with the carpet. You might be able to use a steam cleaner to move through large areas of carpet more efficiently. I'm not sure how effective a carpet cleaner would be at disinfecting though so I'd probably rely on the F10 if possible (and maybe do both).
ok thanks. Ill try that and hopefully that will do the trick.

Jakestaken

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3obr33l0 said:

When you say steam cleaner do you mean the kind that actually steams or the kind that has shampoo and all of that

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Both? I'm not really sure if the standard shampoo wash will disinfect. A steam cleaner will but I'm not sure if there is one that is designed to heat carpet enough to kill fungus spores. I would research what the options are on that front. The chemicals used in a regular carpet shampooer might be harsh enough but I just don't have enough info to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom