Beardie won't eat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beagle23

I got a new bearded dragon that is 6 inch long. He is super agressive and always tries to bite me. I've tried to make him more tame and she now doesn't bite me when she's outside the cage and just tries to scape :( She hasn't eaten in about 4 days and the only food she consumes is the one that I put in her mouth when she's hissing at me. She has only eaten some crickets and normally avoids them. I'm really sad she is so agressive and doesn't eat as I don't want to give her up. Any help ?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I believe ive said this before in one of your other posts. You need to stop handling it completely, especially if its not eating. This could take days, weeks, months, years for it to actually get used to you.

I suggest not giving her up at all yet as she could calm down super well once given a chance to actually relax.

Make sure he/she is in a very quiet not very often visited part of the house where she/he can not be stressed out by anything. Only interaction you want to do with her/him right now is feeding, putting crickets in at feeding time and taking them out before the lights go off. No handling what so ever unless actually needed for the health of her/him like a vet visit, fire etc etc.

Beagle23

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":9l3dmtwf said:
I believe ive said this before in one of your other posts. You need to stop handling it completely, especially if its not eating. This could take days, weeks, months, years for it to actually get used to you.

I suggest not giving her up at all yet as she could calm down super well once given a chance to actually relax.

Make sure he/she is in a very quiet not very often visited part of the house where she/he can not be stressed out by anything. Only interaction you want to do with her/him right now is feeding, putting crickets in at feeding time and taking them out before the lights go off. No handling what so ever unless actually needed for the health of her/him like a vet visit, fire etc etc.

Thanks for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom