Beardie won't eat, drink, poop and very lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post pictures of him along with your tank setup?
What type/brand of UVB light are you using?
If you need night time heating, you could use a ceramic heat emitter, or a heating pad set
on LOW with a towel in between him & the pad.
Do you feed any other insects besides wax worms, like crickets, or roaches, or silkworms?
He is losing weight which most times is indicative of some type of illness, or worms/parasites
in most cases. Is his beard black right now?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
graysonv":30c6ex7d said:
He has only been acting like this for a few days.
I have him on reptiles bark at the moment just cause I am about to get him a new cage that's bigger so that's temporary but there's the Sandy carpet in the new cage. Yes there is a hardish lump in the center of his belly near the bottom.

<<< please remove the bark right away, that stuff kills beardies who ingest pieces of it.

quite OK to have him on kitchen grade paper toweling for his substrate.

I leave his vegetable bowl in his cage all day, its includes broccoli, lettuce, carrots, mustard greens, kale, and a squash and green bell peppers. I put crickets jn his cage every other day for him to eat (only 2 or 3) and also I feed him some meal worms on days I'm not feeding him crickets.
No I don't have a record of his weight, but he was healthy weight when I got him and up until now he's stayed that weight.

<<< he is malnourished , dragons require some live high quality insect protein everyday , see
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=237167

He has about even lightin schedule with 12 hours of darkness and 12 hours of light.

<<<< too short , I recommend bumping this up by a few hours , see this for why : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236209&p=1815777#p1815777

They are mounted inside his cage about 2 or 3 feet from the basking spot,

If this is the distance to the UV tube , even if in a reflector hood and unobstructed, your dragon is receiving virtually zero UVA and UVB
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=234800
and this is likely resulting in much of the problems you are seeing , lack of appetite, lethargy , see this for setting up the correct distance to the basking spot
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611\
==> aim for 180-200 microW UVB / sq.cm at the basking spot & 100 microW UVB/ sq.cm elsewhere.

It's also very cold where I live now (almost freezing now)

The only problem is I have no money for a vet even though I hate seeing him like this cause I know he's sick but I don't know why. I'm hoping I can figure out why very quickly and take care of it myself.

If you are working, there are ways to fund the vet available , and it's important that you budget properly taking into account the likelihood of needing to see a vet sometimes , it's part of being a good beardie keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom