Eye turns weird bluish color, eye problem or shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
I noticed over the past few days that my 6 month old bearded dragons eye turns a weird bluish color for a split second and then goes right back to normal. I can't figure out what exactly is happening or why it's happening. Her head just finished shedding last week so I don't know if there's a piece of shed in the eye that Covers it causing it to look like that or if something is wrong with the eye and it's actually changing color. It's so fast when it happens, it's literally happens in the blink of an eye! She is currently being treatsd for gout and is just starting to show progress. I have a 100 watt mega ray 12 inches from basking rock and a t5ho 10.0 reptisun. She is on reptile carpet and her temps are 105 in basking area, 85 in middle and 78 cool end.

I was taking a video today and happend to catch the weird eye action and took some still shots from the video.

Here's her eye normally...
93630-3360714396.jpg

Here's the eye as it changes, within 2 seconds it's back to normal
93630-6323696067.jpg
[XIMG]93630
93630-3237588057.jpg
4647276080[/XIMG]
93630-4647276080.jpg

What the heck could be causing this?

Thanks
Danielle

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh that's a relief. Thank you! I was wondering if they had some type of membrane that they can cover their eye with. I searched the internet for information but of course couldn't find any detailed information on the bearded dragons eyes. Thank goodness for beardeddragon.org lol

Thanks So much!!
Danielle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom