Strange poop *picture*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has been / is brumating. I put out fresh salad by her cave and she has eaten some from time to time, she started brumating about 2 weeks ago, she pooped 2 days before and then nothing until today. I checked on her this morning and seen her awake with an extremely dark beard so I took her out, warmed her up on her basking spot and then bathed her. I had previously been told that not pooping is normal and to leave her alone on this forum, but it was obviously causing issues, this was her poop, everything upon inspection was digested properly, she hasn’t lost any weight, but her urate was discolored and bloody looking to me, is there an issue that needs a vet or is it simply because it had been so long? After she pooped I placed her in her basking spot and she sat there a bit and then went back into her cave and got comfy
95334-7367174132.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I can't see anything wrong with that poo. BTW, is this the dragon that has suspects calcium deficiency/MBD posted here in this thread ? If so you should keep her from brumating so she can recover now that you have her uvb under the screen. Take the cave out and put it back only at night and keep her temps. up, maybe even slightly higher than usual.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=237710

Besrdielover1

Original Poster
AHBD":18qmdx3p said:
Hi there, I can't see anything wrong with that poo. BTW, is this the dragon that has suspects calcium deficiency/MBD posted here in this thread ? If so you should keep her from brumating so she can recover now that you have her uvb under the screen. Take the cave out and put it back only at night and keep her temps. up, maybe even slightly higher than usual.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=237710

It won’t harm her to keep her from brumating? As of right now she is barely awake and has next to no interest in food, how do I get her to start eating again?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post pics of her , full body shot from above to show her actual size, as well as pics of her set up ? What are the temps. throughout the tank ?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
If she is suffering from MBD and nutritional deficiencies and you just recently started giving her adequate UVB light and adequate calcium and vitamin supplementation, it will harm her much more to allow her to brumate, AHBD is completely correct. A bearded dragon that is sick or suffering from any type of health issue should never, ever be allowed to go into brumation at all, especially one suffering from MBD. She needs at least 13 to 14 hours under an adequate UVB light and bright white basking light every single day without a break, and needs to be eating a proper, healthy diet with adequate calcium and multivitamin supplementation.

Please wake her up immediately. Remove the cave and anything else that she can get underneath or hide away from her lights in or under, keep both her UVB and her bright white basking lights on for at least 14 hours every day, feed her normally every day, and bump up her temperatures by 5-10 degrees. I'd actually take her out now and give her a bath to wake her up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom