Beardie Mouth Sore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJJ

I'm a little worried because this has never happened before and doesn't seem normal but other than her mouth she seems very happy.
She had been shedding lately and there was a bit that looked like it was barely hanging to her jaw that I wanted to see if it would just brush off, but when I tried she jerked away? Is it just that she doesn't want me to touch that area or could something be wrong? I do have a vet near me that would see her so I wanna be very careful w/ her so any help is appreciated!

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Definitely sounds like a piece of shed. She probably just doesn't like you near her mouth, or maybe it's not ready to come off yet. My beardie *hates* it when I try to get loose shed off of her lips.

RJJ

Original Poster
Thank you so much, She's a lot better today! I gave her a bath this morning which seemed to help a lot.
I'd post a picture but my camera is currently broke. It doesn't look bad really? just kinda like normal shedding around her face. Definitely will keep updating just incase though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom