HELP ME! IM PANICKING! SWOLLEN LIMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

chie

Something is wrong with my bearded dragons arm! I have an appointment monday to the vet but is there anything I can do in the mean time?! What could possibly be going on?!

After Charlie's last shed (11/6/17) I noticed a small discolored spot on her elbow. I applied aloe vera every other day thinking it was possibly unshed skin. Yesterday, I noticed the spot was extremely swollen! Today is even worse. Earlier I bathed her and noticed some of the skin came off but I'm sure its looking worse in just a matter of hours. Shes favoring her right arm and doesn't care to use her left. I just want to cry at this point.

95576-5164046441.jpg
95576-7437545308.jpg
95576-8924927734.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little one, it looks like the shed is retained there. Can you see if the band of unshed skin is cutting in to her arm there ? I think you need to keep working at it by keeping it moist, apply a good bit of aloe or raw honey [ honey is better ] and try to remove the skin but be VERY gentle. Use something that can get under the retained skin while you have the honey or aloe on it. If you can't get anywhere with it , call your vet + tell them it's an emergency, the leg is severely swollen . If they won't take you , try to get in at another emergency vet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is she doing ? Are you able to get in to a vet quick ? It looks like circulation is being cut off.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Any update on this poor little guy? That's either retained shed cutting off the circulation to the rest of her arm, or it's some type of abscess/infection. Either way this is extremely serious and she needs to get to an experienced/Certified Reptile Vet ASAP, or if nothing else an emergency animal hospital that has an "exotics" vet on staff. She will lose the leg if the circulation is being cut off for too long. I hope she's gotten to a vet and doing better, I'm sorry this has happened, but it's a very serious issue that needs addressed immediately. Please let us know how she's doing, she's such a cutie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom