Baby hasn't eaten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaineSky

I got my baby beardie from PetSmart 72 hours ago and he's yet to eat anything. The temperatures of his tank are good, range from 108° at the highest level on his basking spot down to 79°at the furthest point in the tank. He's still active but I'm getting worried.
I've tried putting apple and strawberry in his salad along with the BSFL, hoping he might be interested in it.
I have noticed that he's been laying in the bowl with his salad so, I'm probably going to give him a bath in a little while to see if it makes any difference.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Relocation stress can be one of the causes however i'd get a proper vet appointment as petco/petsmart usually have reptiles with pinworms and other problems that can stop them from eating as well and or shorten their life/kill them.
What size tank is he in?
What do you usually try to feed him?
What do you do to hydrate him?
Whats the uvb brand?
Is the uvb coil/compact/mvb or tube?
And what is the substrate/bedding

RaineSky

Original Poster
He's in a 20 gal long tank, with ReptiSun uvb tube. I'm using shelf liner. I've left the food in there and I've tried to hand feed him the BSFL, and tried letting them crawl around him, then put them in a baby food jar lid so they'd be in a smaller contained area.
The salad is usually collards, mustards, yellow squash or butternut squash, sweet peppers.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Everything sounds correct so it could either be something wrong or just relocation stress. I'd still get a vet visit either way to make sure.

Also is the uvb tube a t5 10.0 or?

RaineSky

Original Poster
It's the 10. I tried to make sure everything was right before I got him. Hopefully it's just stress. He's got an appointment in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom