Tail Rot????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendle

95557-6085039144.jpg
95557-959289675.jpg
95557-7160299080.jpg
95557-7160299080.jpg
I've had my bearded dragon for about 2 months ish and he has shed once before this last time which was a week ago. He shed a little bit but not as much for how long he is. There is a chance he could've eaten it but I doubt it. Recently he his tail has gotten this grayish color; same with his back legs and I'm nervous it could be tail rot and that it's too late.. But I mean any thing helps at this point.. He eats regularly, Meal Worms, Red Runners, and Kale.. Not all in one day but I spice it up for him. Temp keeps about 105 but because it's been getting colder it's been about 92. (It's also a stick-on thermometer.. Any recommendations on some better thermos always accepted) So just curious if you guys have any ideas I have photos

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
It looks just like a normal shed, nothing to be worried about. Also i recommend switching to a digital thermometer. https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digital-Terrarium-Thermometer/dp/B000MD3MFA
Im gonna ask some questions though.
What size tank is he in?
What is his substrate/bedding?
What brand of uvb?
Coil, compact, tube, or mvb?
How many times a day are you feeding him?
What insects does he usually eat?
How many does he eat a feeding?
What veggies are you offering?

Brendle

Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn said:
Im gonna ask some questions though
What size tank is he in? : He's in a beginning tank I got from Petco; Switching to a full size very soon
What is his substrate/bedding? : I heard chips are bad for their health so he has like a carpetish time of bedding
What brand of uvb? : His basking bulb is also his UVB but I also have a tubed UVB my roommate bought called a Reptisun .. The basking bulb is like a 100 Watt something something I bought at this reptile store close to my house.
How many times a day are you feeding him? I feed him like twice to 3 times a day..
What insects does he usually eat? Mealworms 1-2 times a day; Red runners and meal worms I switch every day or so
How many does he eat a feeding? He can eat Red Runners like they're going out of style; Meal Worms I like to stop at 6 at night but in the morning before work I throw 9 or so in his bowl.
What veggies are you offering? He eats Kale for sure, but I've tried peppers, Cucumbers, Celery.. He doesn't really eat anything but the Kale but I still throw the peppers in there for him.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Im guessing that would be a 20 gallon tank then. Any particle bedding/substrate is a risk to their health and can kill them fairly easily at any age so good thing your using reptile carpet. Guessing you mean you have a MVB which produces heat and uvb, the reptisun uvb tube is an amazing bulb, however if its a t8 it will need to be placed inside or if its a reptisun t5 5.0.
I'd stop with the mealworms or at least only give him them occasionally and try to feed as many red runners as he'll eat within 10-15 minutes each feeding. As for the kale only feed that occasionally, its not the best honestly, try to give him collard greens, turnip greens and mustard greens. At that age eating a variety of insects is best and as many as he wants depending on the insect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom