Runny poops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there- I am looking to take my dragon to see a vet but unfortunately am extremely low on funds. (Just got my rent raised) Does anyone know where I can take him where the first visit is free? I am in Long Beach near the traffic circle.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know of anywhere specifically. Some vets will work out payment plans or offer care credit to help with costs.

Are you planning a visit for runny poops? How long has this been going on? How old is your dragon?

Lizzythedragon101

Original Poster
My care credit is maxed unfortunately but I found somewhere that's only $35 for the visit. And he is about a year old. It was happening for a couple weeks but I made a few adjustments to his lighting and food- then he started pooping only in his bath, but the other day he pooped a runny orange looking color and now hasn't pooped for a couple days.
Unfortunately the pet store I got him from gave me pretty much zero of the important info on how to care for him so I'm hoping it wasn't too late... when I finally figured out the things I was doing wrong I thought it would help but I would say it's been a month of runny poops.
I finally got the proper temps/lighting and calcium for his crickets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
$35 is a good price for a visit. That's about what I pay in Iowa and it's one of the cheaper prices I see on here. A fecal test may cost another $25 or so on top of that. It would be good to rule out parasites.

I think getting the proper heat and UVB exposure will make a huge difference as those are critical for proper digestion. It's good that he will get calcium dusted crickets as well. At this age he should start eating more veges too so it's good to offer him a variety of those. There are some good ideas on this list http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

If you'd like to post information about his current setup (temps, type of uvb light & distance, tank size, etc) I'll be glad to go through it and make sure everything is just right for him. You can also upload photos if you'd like https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them using the XIMG button.

MikeT

when you go to the vet, it would be a good idea to bring along a poop sample in a zip lock. a quick view in the microscope could reveal parasites. that is an easy cure.Vet will give you a bottle of medicine and a dropper and show you how to administer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom