Baby dragon has patches on head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
95545-8635540879.jpg

Im new to forum so bare with me ill try n cover all basis lol

My baby beardey is 3 months old unsure sex leaning towards female

Dragon info
3 months old eating locusts and mario worms wax worms as treat she is showing no odd behaviar eating like pig no odd breathing no limpness no signs stress still happy and on move sleeping well no scratching in viv on own i dust her locusts daily and she has fresh veg daily

Setup info

4ft viv with decor not over packed basking log spot hammock ect NO substrate she cannot reach any hot bulbs ventalation is perfect
She has a long uvb 10% running in her viv set for 7am till 7pm she has a uvb 100w white basking bulb also set from 7am till 7pm on timer daytime temp is kept at 105 f in basking area and cool end at 85 f on a thermostat on a night as my house drops cold she had a cyramic heat bulb set up on timer from 7:15pm till 6:45 am on a seperate thermostat to day set at 75 f all bulbs are new max 1 month old

Info on condition

She went threw a shed as normal all came off apart from one patch on her whole head try as i may it would not come off ( no i didnt pick at it or try and scrape it off) i tried helping the usual way by spraying with water and baths regular to help but nope it would not move for going on a week now and most the shed is off but now there are 2 weird patches on her head look scaleless and kinda white and blue tinted to my eyes and it seems to be getting bigger ill try n upload pic there is no brakage to skin or blisters or puss ect it feels smooth n looks shiney she has not suffered any injury and is showing no signs stress or sickness

Cleaning info

I spot clean the viv of any poop everytime i see it i remove any uneaten foot on evening even bugs i blitz clean viv and equiptment once a week with all reptile safe disenfectant

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I've seen dragons shed like that, esp. young ones where the shed seems to linger right there like a small cap above each eye and is the last to come off. That's probably what it is. Just to be sure she can't get too close to ant heat elements, can you post a pic of her viv ?

And what you can do is dilute some raw honey with a tiny bit of warm water + apply it there. It's the best skin conditioner [ as well as antimicrobial ] you can get. and is safe for the eyes. [ It can be used even directly IN the eye for infections as well ] Just a tiny dab will work, but be sure there are no loose bugs in the tank that would be attracted to the honey.

Beardyaddict

Original Poster
AHBD":h7mi1oso said:
Hi there, I've seen dragons shed like that, esp. young ones where the shed seems to linger right there like a small cap above each eye and is the last to come off. That's probably what it is. Just to be sure she can't get too close to ant heat elements, can you post a pic of her viv ?

And what you can do is dilute some raw honey with a tiny bit of warm water + apply it there. It's the best skin conditioner [ as well as antimicrobial ] you can get. and is safe for the eyes. [ It can be used even directly IN the eye for infections as well ] Just a tiny dab will work, but be sure there are no loose bugs in the tank that would be attracted to the honey.

So i should get some antimicrobial i looked on ebay will the wash be ok? Or wipes? Ill prob go chemist if they do it n ill get some honey too ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, you don't need any medicine or wipes. You don't want chemicals getting in his eye. The raw honey works as a lubricant, I just mentioned that it has antimicrobial properties , which is a plus. Just get the honey.

Beardyaddict

Original Poster
AHBD":2194pbfw said:
No, you don't need any medicine or wipes. You don't want chemicals getting in his eye. The raw honey works as a lubricant, I just mentioned that it has antimicrobial properties , which is a plus. Just get the honey.

Ok i got organic honey just

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Does it say it's unpasteurized ? That's what you're looking for. The term organic is generic....it has to be raw + unpasteurized. Organic honey can be pasteurized, so check to see what it says on the bottle. Pasteurization kills the good antimicrobial properties in honey. I know it's confusing. :?

Beardyaddict

Original Poster
AHBD":2vcuz9cj said:
Does it say it's unpasteurized ? That's what you're looking for. The term organic is generic....it has to be raw + unpasteurized. Organic honey can be pasteurized, so check to see what it says on the bottle. Pasteurization kills the good antimicrobial properties in honey. I know it's confusing. :?

It says on bottle cold extracted and cold filtured cold kept and unblended pasteurization is heating it up? That what i read online lol

Beardyaddict

Original Poster
AHBD":e4mumg71 said:
Yes, pasteurizing would be heating it up. So yours should be good. :)

I should hope so for £14 lol went to health food specialty shop but my baby worth it if it is not just shed any idea what else it could be hun?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The honey will be good whether it's a simple stuck shed or a small burn. Just to be sure, can you post pics of his set up to show the distance between where he basks and the actual basking bulb ?

Beardyaddict

Original Poster
AHBD":oa6n5fez said:
The honey will be good whether it's a simple stuck shed or a small burn. Just to be sure, can you post pics of his set up to show the distance between where he basks and the actual basking bulb ?

95545-1403541314.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom