Parasites or pumpkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowley

Beardie name(s)
Crowley
Hi again, asking about parasites again. You can see my previous post to see the poop pictures I posted concerning little line things in his poops. It kind of looks like fibers though which is I think what the last person said. His poops havent really been solid lately maybe 50/5p but as of recently they have been COMPLETELY liquid. But Ive been out of town the past 2 weeks and my mom has been feeding him pumpkin with every meal. The poops are orange and liquid. I should mention that for the past month Ive been using a really weak bulb as a basking bulb and replaced it with a better one just tonight. Do you think this will help?

The other foods he has been eating has been romaine (a little) and parsley as well as bok choy, carrots and apple, bell peppers, supers and I just gave him some crickets for the first time in years tonight. I dont have any other reptiles.

I think he is very dehydrated, his skin is loose and its almost like you can see his ribs? I gave him a bath bc I noticed poop on his tail, and it stressed him out EXTREMELY when normally he settles in after a minute and lets me "scrub" him. He pooped in the bath and it was liquid and the urate looked like... kind of like a plastic bag? Crinkled. And a little dark. I think he was panicking so much because I had just finished feeding him crickets and he went absolutely crazy trying to eat me too.

He's been eating pretty well, still has appetite. He's not blackbearding and seems pretty active, moving around his cage and such.

Paper towels as substrate, reptisun 10.0 tube for uvb, I used to have a Halogen flood light 90 watts but it didnt seem hot enough so I changed it to a zoomed basking bulb 150 watt. He is in a 40 gallon breeder tank.

I'm sorry if this is scattered, its been a long day. I hope we can figure out whats wrong.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would say that the stool is most likely being affected by him having so much pumpkin in
his system right now. The pumpkin will definitely move things through the system & can
contribute to a little looser stool also.
You will want to cut back on the romaine lettuce & feed darker leafy greens such as collard
or mustard greens, or arugula & dandelion greens. They are more nutritious & less watery
so the stool should firm up with less watery greens, etc.
The superworms & crickets will be fine, how many did he have? How old is he?
Are you using a digital probe or temp gun to measure the temperatures with?

Tracie

Crowley

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Crowley
Than you for the reassurance!

He is almost 5 years old and he ate about 10 crickets and about 4 superworms.

I actually dont have anything to measure the heat right now as my probe broke. I was just judging by behavior and using the same lights that have worked for me in the past, but i changed the light and it was too cool. Now I have a new light (which i thought was what i was using in the past) and Im totally ordering a temp gun right now because the frickin metal lining inside his cage melted! I asked some people on fb and they say its happened to them before and to just not leave the light on the edges anymore, but i still need to make sure.

I fed him some prickly pear, collard greens, and dandelion greens tonight. Guess who picked out all the pear and ignored the rest of his salad ? lmao. Hoping the poop tomorrow is a good one.

75494-3031824012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom