Newest issue, mouth looks droopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
I’m currently treating my bearded dragon for gout. I’m noticing some new issues now. Her lower lip seems to hang a bit. I can see the inside of the lip when her mouth is closed. Her head is shedding bug that wouldn’t cause the lip to hang right? Her mouth never seems completely closed.
93630-6615812899.jpg
93630-9239237695.jpg

She’s also having trouble with her front leg. It shakes when she tries to move it, like a tremble. she’s even fallen flat on her face several times when she tries to walk on it, it just gives out sometimes. She just went to the vet about 3 weeks ago and they said it didn’t look like she had MBD But her front feet did show dull on the X-ray. Could these just be complications from gout or could something else be going on here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Her mouth looks O.K....sometimes they might keep it open ever so slightly. The foot tremble may be a calcium issue or just some strange relation to her gout + fighting hard for her recovery.

How close + what type of uvb do you have ? How often does she get calcium ?

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her mouth shed last night and looks normal again. Mouth is closed tightly and Looks good. She gets calcium dusted 5 x a week and multivite 2x a week. She has a megaray mercury vapor bulb 12 inches away from basking rock and 2 reptisun tubes that run the length of her tank. The 2 tubes are above the screen but the megaray is under screen so the light is not filtered while basking. Her swelling from the gout went down sooo much last night! You can see the big lump on her knee now a lot better because the swelling in the leg went down so much, all that’s left now is that big bump. I’m more worried about the trembling in the front legs more than the gout. She can’t walk very well because the front hand trembles and shakes when she tries to walk. It seems really week. I hope it’s just from the swelling from the gout and not another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom