Gravid dragon laid two eggs, I have no laybox(Sorry is this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilcorook

Original Poster
She is glass surfing almost the entire day. I have the shoe box in right now but she goes on top of it to glass surf instead of going in.. She did lay the two eggs in her viv at night. If I put her in the lay box and have it in my room is that warm enough? It's at least 22C in my room. I also read about a opaque container being better so last time i wrapped a towel around it.
How long could it take for her to lay her eggs?
So is 22C warm enough or do they want a warmer temp?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely warmer temp. So if you put a light above the laybox then put an upside down shoebox in there like I mentioned so she feels like it's already a little cave, they like privacy when laying. Or if you have a small space heater near it that will do as well but still put the shoebox cave in .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, you can kind of bury the box partially so there's sand for her to dig through inside of it.

wilcorook

Original Poster
I've put her and the shoe box hut in the container set it in her viv turned of the light and turned the che on. She still only tries to get out, I've even tried setting down the shoe box over top of her. She has been in there for about 45 min now so I'll take her out in a bit an give her a bath. I can try again tomorrow, but what if she continues with this behavior?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, I know you must be very relieved. :) Give her a 10 minute soak for a chance to drink, beardies lose a lot of moisture during egg laying. Feed her well + be sure to dust with calcium powder about 3X a week at least right now. She should have a good appetite after laying [ sometimes right away, or could come back a day after laying ] Watch that in a few weeks from now she may develop another clutch, that's normal too.

I'm having the same issues with my girl. This is her first clutch, and no matter what I do to the laybox, she just glass surfs trying to get out of the container. She laid her 1st egg 1 wk ago today, and up until then hadn't been showing any signs of being gravid. She still had an appetite, and her belly wasn't even very large or hard. It's gotten bigger since, and she's laid a total of 5 eggs. She laid 3 seperately, and 2 together. My question to you is, how long did it take for your picky girl to finally lay the clutch? Like I said, it's been a week, I'm trying to determine when I should seek vetinary care.

wilcorook

Original Poster
Almost 9 days. But people have told me that if I'me concerned about her getting eggbound to just get a x-ray any way for the peace of mind even if there are no more eggs. Is she still glass surfing now? If she is you can try out a few different things but if in 2 days there are still no eggs I would go to a vet.

Hi. Yes she is still glass surfing, both in her cage and her laybox. She isn't happy anywhere, just constant scratching at the walls. Where did your girl finally lay her clutch? If you want to know more about what's going on with mine it's posted in beardie ER with the title "first time gravid beardie won't lay the rest of her clutch". She is still super active, and she even nibbled a little today. I'm going to try to put the small laybox back in her viv. I tried that first, but she ignored it. So I took it out, and got the large tub. I'm at a loss. It's been 8 days since it started.

wilcorook

Original Poster
Haha I guess she was, I've been putting a towel in het tank every night since then and she loves sleeping on them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom