Possibly sick? Bright green poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPatrick7102

I woke up this morning and saw that my bearded dragon had pooped a very bright green color, almost exactly like wasabi. It didn't smell at all and the urate was completely white like it should be. I have started to introduce hornworms into my beardies diet recently because the worms I had finally got big enough (about 1 inch long each). She has only eaten about 2-3 a day with the rest of her diet being crickets or mealworms (if I ran out of crickets). My dragon is a female, about 4 months old (maybe younger but I'm not 100% sure) weighs about 25 grams, is just over 6 inches long but she was missing half her tail when I got her, and eats everyday. She usually doesn't eat veggies and won't go near them when I try to feed them to her so it can't be from that. Has this happened to anyone else's pet and is this normal?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It absolutely can be normal, this also happens when they eat certain veggies like red or green bell peppers. So it's quite possible it was the Hornworms. Watch his poop, make sure it doesn't get runny or very smelly, or show any blood, and that he shows no other symptoms of illness like loss of appetite, lethargy, etc. If it continues or other symptoms occur, I'd collect a fresh fecal sample and get a fecal test done at an experienced reptile vet to rule out parasites, worms, or a bacterial infection, but it's most likely nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom