Possible respiratory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelrose

I have a beardie that's about 3 months old, and just a few days ago I noticed that hes starting to make these weird noises. He will puff out his beard (doesn't turn black though) and he will gape his mouth and make this weird popping noise, almost like a cough or a wheeze. But he's very active and eats a ton, he's acting fine besides that. My humidity averages at about 32% and basking spot temp is about 100 degrees. Could it just be from shedding or is it a respiratory infection? Need a second opinion before I take him to the vet. Thank you !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's active and eating well, he's probably OK. It could just be a little mucous making the sound or just air pockets in his beard. If he had an infection he would probably be less energetic and may lose interest in food. I'd keep an eye on his behavior and monitor the mucous level looking for increases around the mouth and nose.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
rachelrose":k5vubwd4 said:
I have a beardie that's about 3 months old, and just a few days ago I noticed that hes starting to make these weird noises. He will puff out his beard (doesn't turn black though) and he will gape his mouth and make this weird popping noise, almost like a cough or a wheeze. But he's very active and eats a ton, he's acting fine besides that. My humidity averages at about 32% and basking spot temp is about 100 degrees. Could it just be from shedding or is it a respiratory infection? Need a second opinion before I take him to the vet. Thank you !

Humidity Is fine.

If you can't see bubbles forming at the lips , nose, he's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom