Beardie won’t move

Status
Not open for further replies.

arisanimals

Last week my beardie stopped eating, he started losing appetite about two months ago, I changed his uvb bulb and tried hand feeding him. He took being hand fed and eventually stopped (last week) completely.
This morning I went to give him more fresh food and insects and he’s laying with his face against the glass, eyes half shut and not moving and doesn’t react to being touched. I thought he was dead and drove to my dads job to tell him what happened since he wasn’t answering the phone, when we came home he’d moved a little bit but still doesn’t react.

I’m willing to try anything.

Temperature and everything is all perfect. We don’t use sand or loose substrate, only reptile carpet.

Akire

Hello, I'm sorry your beardie isn't feeling good. We will need more information to go off of, so we can get a better idea of his set-up. Try answering the following questions, it will help! :)

*How old is your beardie? If you are unsure try measuring him.

*What are your temperatures? Basking spot and cool side.

*What are you measuring your temps with? (dial thermometer, temp gun, digital probe, etc)

*How big is his enclosure?

*What brand of UVB are you using?

*What kind of supplements are you using on his food and how often?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, do please review your tank setup with us, so we can be sure everything is all correct.
Do you have any pictures of him & your setup that you could post also?
Is his beard darkened any at all right now?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom