eyes half shut? not eating as much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audreyjb

Hi!! Some of you may recall me posting about my sweet girl khaleesi, so you know my tank set up and lighting is going good!! for the past two days she's been super sleepy, not eating as much. her "eyebrows" that used to be blue, have turned white. am i possibly over feeding? i've been giving her a couple super worms every few days just because it seems to perk her up. she has a white/lighter spot that looks like shedding but hasn't gotten any larger like it did on her head. one more thing, she has a little white patch around a couple of the scales on her head (pic). i feed her collard greens with the fluckers buffet blend on top. she gets crickets sometiems and super worms every few days in small amounts. she is a healthy weight. what should i do? she perks up out of the tank. it is nearly october, could she be slowing down for the winter?
93870-6709637274.jpg
93870-2677645297.jpg
93870-3697608500.jpg

audreyjb

Original Poster
audreyjb":g79chc9z said:
Hi!! Some of you may recall me posting about my sweet girl khaleesi, so you know my tank set up and lighting is going good!! for the past two days she's been super sleepy, not eating as much. her "eyebrows" that used to be blue, have turned white. am i possibly over feeding? i've been giving her a couple super worms every few days just because it seems to perk her up. she has a white/lighter spot that looks like shedding but hasn't gotten any larger like it did on her head. one more thing, she has a little white patch around a couple of the scales on her head (pic). i feed her collard greens with the fluckers buffet blend on top. she gets crickets sometiems and super worms every few days in small amounts. she is a healthy weight. what should i do? she perks up out of the tank. it is nearly october, could she be slowing down for the winter?
93870-6709637274.jpg
93870-2677645297.jpg
93870-3697608500.jpg
the whiteness on her head goes away when she's not basking because she lightens up. and her little "eyebrows" go back to normal color.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The lighter areas just look like shed patches to me. She looks healthy and a good weight so I'd let her be. Hard to say if she's slowing down for a while or not. My guy has been sleeping all day under his logs which is unusual for him but may be experiencing something similar. Keep an eye on her weight and if it's pretty stable I would keep doing what you're doing.

audreyjb

Original Poster
CooperDragon":c02cyv5w said:
The lighter areas just look like shed patches to me. She looks healthy and a good weight so I'd let her be. Hard to say if she's slowing down for a while or not. My guy has been sleeping all day under his logs which is unusual for him but may be experiencing something similar. Keep an eye on her weight and if it's pretty stable I would keep doing what you're doing.
thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom