Hatchling bit my other hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAFEkatArt

I bought two bearded dragon hatchlings yesterday and when I brought them home one bit the other one on the head. I first thought the neck was broken as it was holding it at an odd angle and had its mouth open how're it seems to be moving a bit so maybe it's just swollen. Is there anything I can do?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
You need to separate the 2, ASAP. One will dominate the other & bite. The smaller one will be stressed or suffer.

Akire

Try posting a picture of the baby. It would help a lot. If he's holding his head at a weird angle with his mouth open then I really think a visit to a reptile vet is in order. I agree with the above poster, separate them immediately. It's pretty clear that they shouldn't be housed together.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I agree, immediate separation is required.

How badly bit was the victim ?
Was blood drawn ?
Other injuries ?
Photos of the viv , showing substrate, lights and setup , and of each of the hatchlings.
How heavy are they each ?

Feeding and lighting schedule , and what are you feeding them ?

Move the biter into another viv or set up a temporary rearing tub like this : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad, it happens so quickly.
Definitely separate them so it doesn't happen again.
You are going to have to watch him pretty closely to monitor his behavior. Is there an open wound
at all, or not?
It might be a good idea to try & get him examined by a vet, if possible to be sure there isn't any
infection setting in.
Can you post pictures for us?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom