Please Help, I Do Not Know If It Is An Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He has been lethargic for over 24 hrs, he can barely keep his eyes open and he fell off his branch. He continued with diarrhea not eating. I couldn't take it anymore and took him to his vet (luckily she works Saturdays), she kept him and is going to tube feed him and try to get a fecal sample. His stools are watery and looks like grains (it looked like his crital care food from the vet). I will write again when the vet calls.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The vet gave him 3 tube feedings and some medicine for parasites. He had a small stool and she checked it, but could not do all the testing due to the small amount; she said she didn't find anything unusual in the small amount, but decided to give him medication because of his state. I was instructed to give him several baths and a temp force-feeding several times and then to bring him back on Monday morning. He is completely stiff as a board barely moves, I put him in the bath and he perked up slightly but he just sits there with his head up and mouth slightly open. I am really scared, I worry that he will not make it. I don't know what else to do.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your help. My baby died within the past hour, I am completely heart broken. I spoke with the vets office if they suspect he was failure to thrive, he's just so small. They advised that I take him back to Petsmart for a replacement or a refund, I don't want to replacement I want him back. Not sure what to do, I can't throw him away afraid that if I bury him the dog will dig him up. I hate to think that the past 24 hours has been so hard on him with the tube feeding and just overall being unwell, all I wanted is for him to be happy and healthy. I am glad he's not suffering anymore.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm SO sorry to hear this, just so sad that you lost your baby. :( You really tied hard to help him and he was just too sick. It's so hard, whether it be a long time pet or a baby that you desperately want to help and they don't make it. My heart goes out to, I wish I could say something to help but please know that I feel for you + send all my sympathy.

Maybe bury him in a place where you can put a pretty decorative rock as a marker that the dog can't move.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, it has been a rough day and yet happy too. I took dragon back to PetSmart just as his vet recommended, they let me choose another bearded dragon, I was a bit hesitant to try again, Dragon can not be replaced. My sisters encouraged me to get another, they thought it would be good, needless to say I am a mommy yet again. This little guy is much healthier looking and eats WAY more than Dragon ever did, about 20 mini dubia roaches since early afternoon, plus he let me hand feed him Dariy free soy yogurt mixed with Bok Chou with some carrots, strawberry (very little added)! In our short time I have him to be quite to curious jumper, he is darling and happy I got him (or her). I still am deeply sad about loosing my baby, but I have no doubt my new guy and I will bond fast. Thank you y t again for your guidance and compassion. After everything I am considering going back to school to become a vet tech (I have not ever thought about this line of work), I am currently work in healthcare and have been doing so since late 2007. Even during the bad times with animals it is worth it to be there with them, I would love to do what I can to care for them. I will give this more time to be sure and perhaps take some classes, I am awed by the innocence of the animals.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, I'm really happy for you and can tell that you are excited about this healthy bugger. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, I am sorry to hear you lost your little one, that is so sad. :cry: It is so horrible to lose one. You did everything you could for him.
I hope your new one will do well for you. That's great you are considering vet technology. Animals are incredibly deserving of so much more than they ever receive, they are amazing.

Tracie

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If anyone with experience is still reading this post, please check out my new post under introductions, it is titled "Double Checking I have Everything, Please Read".

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific, so you started a new thread for your new baby?
That's great, I hope he is doing well.

Tracie

I am so sorry for your loss. It just makes me sick to hear about that. I just love my 2 guys so much. I am sure you will bond with the new guy fast though. I have found that both of my beardies love a soft blanket and to be able to absorb warmth from me while they rest. My daughter (16) swaddles the dragons after their bath and carries them around like that for a while after their baths. It is so neat.

Best of luck with the new guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom