No poop in over a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQontrol

Hello all,

I have for 1.5 week since gotten a 2 year old bearded dragon, for a couple that couldn't take him with them... But in the 1.5 week i have had him, i have only received one poop. And this was a little bit watery.

What can i do to make him poop good again?
And what could the reason for no poop be?

He eats some food everyday, but not what i would call a lot.

In advance thanx.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It may take time for him to adjust to a new environment and healthy diet. I would offer some water by dripping on his nose to lick up if he wants. Hydration will help. I would also offer plenty of salads and include grated squash which should offer some hydration as well as fiber. Give him several weeks to adjust to a healthy diet and see if the poop schedule starts to become more stable. I like to reference this list for more salad ideas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

NoQontrol

Original Poster
Thanx for the fast feedback... I will try to give him water on nose, and add the squash to his daily salad.
I really hope i poops again soon... I don't want him to die from constipation... How long can he go without pooping, before it gets critical???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about impaction too much with an adult. Just keep him hydrated and he should be OK. They can go for quite a while between poops sometimes. It varies between dragons.

NoQontrol

Original Poster
Update!
My bearded dragon made a poop Friday. Fairly large, but still not a firm poop. Still a bit watery.
Should i worry? Or is it going in the right direction?

He have some day not the biggest interest in the salad. But if i offering him grasshopper he eats them with joy.

Sorry for all the question, but I'm just wanna make sure his not going in bad direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom