Bearded dragon eye problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwayne8

93957-4497850402.jpg
93957-8830052553.jpg
93957-776044126.jpg
my bearded dragon is about 7 inches and he keeps his right eye closed sometimes and it looks like something is in it but I'm not sure! He eats fine and seems happy and active! Can someone tell me what this could be? I have pictures but don't know how to post them on here?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. What kind of substrate does he have? What kind of lighting does he have? Any coil/ compact bulbs? How close to the lights can he get?

Jwayne8

Original Poster
I have him on calcium sand because where I got him he was on calcium sand! I had another young bearded dragon in the same cage with him and the other one seemed interested in beetle Juice and it would go up to him and like nip at his head a little bit not bad at all and ever since I moved the other one out of the cage his eye has been like this!? I have a Zilla 18" tube desert bulb and i can move it from 8" to 12" away from him! I have been putting repti eye rinse solution in every day and it seemed to be getting better then started getting worse! I mean he opens it a lot here and there during the day and I also try to put some antibiotic eye ointment in his eye every night!? Helpppp!!!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Get rid of the sand. It turns into concrete if digested and that could be why the eye is irritated. You can also try raw unpasteurized honey on it. Also that particular uvb is not very good. Is it mounted in the tank? 8 inches is the max distance that it'll work properly. You'll want to replace that soon with a reptisun 10.0 t5.

Jwayne8

Original Poster
I will get rid of the sand but I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing this! I think it was some kind of impaction or scratch! I put some raw 100 % pure honey on it this morning but doesn't seem to be helping! How many times a day do I put it in and around his eye? Incase it's a infection Iv been putting Erythromycin Ophthalmic Oitment sterile in his eye every night? Is that ointment ok cause it was recommended from a vet!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oooops, sorry I wrote the wrong reply, meant for another thread.While I'm here, though the honey may take a few days to work. Mix it with a bit of warm water + aply 2-3X a day. Just be sure there are no loose crickets in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom