Tail rot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago I noticed my bearded dragons tail was black and put down to shedding. I have been keeping an eye on it and now it is stiff and quiet small to the rest of her tail. Could this be tail rot and if so what should I do?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
If part of the tail actually became dried out and shrunken, then yes, it could very well be tail rotor,but dark color changes without any skin or scale changes are common for a number of reasons as well. So really the only way for us to tell is for you to post some photos of her tail, including some close ups of the area in question. Retained shed can cause infections because it can cut off the circulation to the rest of the tail, as well as bites and injuries.

Post a few photos of her and the tail and we'll be able to help...

that looks like it's rotting some. Is the tail bendable or stiff like a stick? Sometimes the tail will just dry up and fall off on it;s own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom