PLEASE READ IDK WHY HES DOING THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I sleep over night with my beardie named daffy he was not moving this morning but when I got warm water onto him he started to breathe more and opened his eyes he has a very dark beard and If I tip him on his side he won't try and go back flat like he always does someone please help me ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you mean that he sleeps n your bed ? If so you might have rolled over on him. :( Can you post a few pics of him ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

If you think you might have crushed him you should take him to an emergency vet to check for possible broken bones and proceed from there.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Oh no, I'm so sorry...I bet you did accidentally roll over on him. I know a few people who have done this to their pet birds. As already said you should get him to an emergency Reptile Vet if that's what you think may have happened, he may have internal injuries.

Royalmoose22

Original Poster
full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree there is a large possibility you rolled onto him by accident.
Please try to get him in to see a vet, he may have internal injuries. Was he fine the day
before this happened?
He probably wont eat because he doesn't feel well. Can you find a reptile vet in your
area?

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So he's moving around normally now ? If so I think you can rule out broken bones. He may still be a bit sore....but please never fall asleep with your beardie in the bed. There's no way to know how you move when you sleep. One member here did wake up to a dead dragon and was devastated.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Oh he looks like he's flattened out and his head is down, like he can't hold it up...Is he walking around in an odd way? Is his back/stomach flattened out all the time now like they are in the photo? I'm so sorry, you need to get him to an experienced reptile vet immediately if so, chances are that he has serious internal injuries. I'd prepare for the worst, I hope I'm wrong but he really looks like he got squished in that photo...

I hope he's okay, but either way I'm sure you know now not to sleep with any pet unless it's a larger dog or cat..
I really hope he's okay ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how Daffy is doing, I hope he pulls through.
Were you able to get him to a vet?

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, please update us on your beardie, I've been thinking about you, what an awful thing to have happen, I hope that Daffy is okay, and I hope you know that this isn't your fault, it's just a really tough lesson to learn sometimes, but it's a very common thing that happens to a lot of really good beardie and parrot/bird owners...

Royalmoose22

Original Poster
Yes he's doing good walking like normal and ate a some and drank a lot of water thank you all for helping me it was really scary to wake up to

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful to hear that Daffy is doing better & walking around more now.
Why don't you make a little bed for him, right beside yours since you move around some in your
sleep, so you wont roll over on him. That way, he can still sleep near you. :D
I am glad this turned out better than expected.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom