HELP Closed eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello my beardie buzz has been doing something very strange the last 12 hours and she has never done it before. Buzz my beardie (yes i know buzz isnt a girls name) but anyway. she has been keeping one of her eyes closed constantly for the last 12 hours unless i pick her up or she is eating both her eyes are open but if she is just hanging out her eye stays open then i slowly closes and stays shut almost like she isnt controlling it. i believe she is under a reptisun 5.0 0r 10.0 its what ever bulbe came in her kit 7 months ago. she is otherwise happy and healthy beardie eating as normal this started after her bath yesterday. could she just have got some water in her eye and it bothered her or is she in need of a vet. this is my second beardie since my first passed shortly after getting it. but buzz has been growing like a weed shes in a 40 gallon breeder. her day temp on the hot side is about 110-115 degrees and her cool side is mid 80s i believe. i will attach a pic so you can see the issue. any help is appreciated. her eye closed before i took the picture

90094-6649941210.jpg

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
it is the uvb compact. i have had it since january. only issue is my terrarium isnt set up for a long tub fixture to sit on the top of it. should i be making the switch anyway?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yes. Uvb lights need to bee changed every 6 months. The t5 only needs to be changed once a year and its strong enough to put on top of a screen and she'll still get good uvb rays.

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
okay i was just concerned that maybe she was ill or needed a vet. should i turn off the uvb bulb that she has or keep it on. i have noticed that she stays on the hot side of her tank more often now and hides in her little shady area and doesnt get out an bask much. do you think the uvb bulb is bothering her that much she is trying to stay away from it. i am new to beardies but i think i have been doing quite well so far taking care of buzz. we have a really good bond going. i just want to make sure she gets the best of the best.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
HI. Yes you can turn it off. They can go a week or 2 without until you get a better bulb. I can tell by the picture that it is bothering her. She's a cutie :D

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
thank you i have turned the light off and she has started moving around her tank more and opening up her closed eye more too. im glad its a simple fix and not serious. i mean its a pricey fix but not as pricey as a trip to the vet would be. shes a beautiful dragon. last i measured her shes about 15 inches long that was a couple months ago though. her color is beautiful in the right light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom