Not open for further replies.

Hollyconn

Senor Kook
7 inches
40 gallon tank
Power sun light
95 basking
80 in cool area

We have had Senor Kook for under a week. He is alert, but seems to constantly close at least one eye. Nothing is in the eyes as far as I can see ( sand, shed, etc.)

He is not very interested in eating, but did drink quite a bit of water and ate some chicken baby food tonight. He pooped today, which looked normal.

I have a six year old bear die as well and I haven't seen eye issues with him.

Please help!!
Thanks, Holly

Hihi Holy,

My name's Katelyn and I'm still a beginner at taking care of my beardie. Mine seems to be close one eye at a time sometimes as if he's resting it. He's been doing ever since I've adopted him and no health problems have been detected. Some people say that a uvb coil bulb may harm a bearded dragon's eyes if they stare up at it too long. Other than that, it could be just loosening shed or resting their eyes. As long as they look clear and not foggy, your beard should be fine. Keep a close eye on it(excuse the pun) I know I'm not a an expert but my beardie does the closing one eye at a time thing too:) Could just be a quirk

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Holly,

The Powersun is usually an ok MVB light. Since you are using a 40 gallon, that should be sufficient in
size for the MVB. How close is it to him & what wattage is it?
If you have any pictures, please post them so we can see the tank setup.
Is the setup for your other dragon the exact same?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures, a digital probe or a temp gun?
I am glad to hear he is eating though, even if it is a little bit. You haven't had him for very long so it sometimes takes them awhile to start eating normally. Which insects are you offering him?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom