Swollen back and paralyzed in back legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tintin1945

Original Poster
Hey guys! Nellie is using one of her back legs to push herself along but it's not back to normal. Her swelling has gone down because of her anti-inflammatory and she was still perky yesterday morning. Slowly through the day though she wasn't looking well. She changed colors a lot from turning dark to turning bright tan and at one point looked a little yellow. We know she can't poop until her legs heal so we are trying to get those legs to activate soon. She is still trying hard every day and isn't in pain. So we aren't giving up!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Does the vet know she's having problems in the pooing department ?

They might be able offer something to will make it easier for her to go , the longer she saves the poo the more difficult it will be get it out . Maybe some pain relief .

Tintin1945

Original Poster
The vet is aware and said to use mineral oil. The anti-inflammatory he gave us is working great! She can't poop because she can't lift her tail. She is still happy and loves snuggling. It's been 8 days now since the fall.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing today? I am happy to hear that the anti-inflammatory is helping out
so much then, that's great!
Can she move very well yet?
I hope that she is doing better & continues to improve daily for you. Please keep us posted
on how she is doing!

Tracie

Tintin1945

Original Poster
Hey guys! Nellie is doing well. Saturday she didn't want us to leave her so we took her with us everywhere. She was very chill and happy with all the attention she got from people who saw her on my shirt. She is moving her back legs a little more but not when walking or moving. We are considering bringing her to a chiropractor because we are on day 12 and she hasn't pooped. On top of baths we have been doing a heat pad( not very hot) on top of a vibrating pad (for massages) she seems to enjoy it and has tried pooping multiple times but she can't. We run out of anti-inflammatory so we are picking up more today.

Tintin1945

Original Poster
Hey guys! Nellie had taken a turn for the worst we feared a few days ago. She gave me the puppy eyes saying " I am just about done with this." But the good news is we brought her to a chiropractor and she is doing much better now! She still is constapated on day 15 and we are trying to get some bowel-movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom