Dragon has no appetite and seems "off"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. We have a 4/5 month old bearded dragon who was eating so well, very alert and active. 3 days ago he only ate 1 cricket and lots of collard greens, yesterday he ate 1 cricket only, today he ate nothing. He is alert but just seems lazier. Also he is more black than usual.

It's been so hot and humid here so we moved him to a lower humidity room. We also have been bathing him every day since we're worried about dehydration (his skin looked a little wrinkly)...he drank a little yesterday, but not today. We offered pedialyte in a dropper but he didn't drink it.

He has a reptisun 10.0 and 2 normal light bulbs as heat (1 didn't get the temp up enough) 40 g breeder tank. He eats crickets and collard greens mainly, and some other veggies.

He has pooped twice a day through this but it's very small.

He just shed his entire back. Tail and head currently shedding.

We plan to try baby food and maybe yogurt tomorrow?? What else would you recommend? Should we be worried about impaction if he's still pooping

He was eating voraciously. Like 50 med/large crickets per day. Then he slowly started eating less and less. Then none.

Thanks in advance!!

Chanza

Hatchling Member
Sounds to me that the new change of tempature might be putting him off. Would you be able to get a picture of the bulbs?

JefftheDragon2

Original Poster
I'm not sure how to post pics. But one bulb is a 43 watt soft white. That's the one I've used for a while but recently added the 450 lumens bulb (equivalent to 40 watts).

I think i have him basking too close to the bulb (4 incejes away) but doesn't he know to move if too hot???

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Need much more information and details on your beardie's setup and your husbandry otherwise we can't even hazard a guess.

Here's my Cheat Sheet :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

If you work through it methodically , the chances are their are likely a lot of issues that need to be tweeked or changed and they will pop right out at you, if you can give very detailed answers we will then be in a position to offer help. Is impossible to help you if you don't provide thorough details .

It may prove necessary to involve a reptile vet if your bearded dragon has serious health issues.

Are you in a position to afford to take him to a good reptile vet should this prove necessary ?

JefftheDragon2

Original Poster
Thanks!! Okay, I'll be more specific in a bit, although I thought I answered lots of these already. I followed all of the care sheets on this site when we bought equipment and set up tank and for feeding schedules. Doesn't mean everything is perfect though lol.

In the meantime, should I attempt to force feed him? Or offer baby food or yogurt? Or should I get Critical Care?

He's still not interested in food today but is still awake and basking. His color is better.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom