Not open for further replies.

Scox218

A little background
Name : Savage
Age - 3-4 months
Sex - Boy ?
Tank size - 40 gal
Light - Powersun Uv 100 watts

During his usual shed . Routine ( 2 bath soaks ; misting in between )

He was shedding a couple of days ago , I heard thumping in his tank and noticed his beard was getting darker . So I picked him up and noticed that he bit his toe/toe nail and it bled but it wasn't deep. I've just been doing soaks and using a toothbrush to clean the area in case there was any old shed hanging around . But now it's just on and off he will try to bite the same toe again. I haven't the clue what to do ! I just know I don't want him to continue hurting himself ! Anyone have any suggestions ?
92102-7536251750.jpg
92102-4502568655.jpg
92102-4020222444.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you need me to merge your two threads?
I agree, this can happen if there is retained shed, or something is causing some pain or discomfort on his toe.
Getting some antibiotic ointment or raw unpasteurized honey on that toe & hopefully it will heal up pretty quickly!
Are you getting enough calcium into him too?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom