this is not brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Star69":5831h63d said:
it has been months and kai still is not eating on her own i just dont know what to do any more :banghead:

Mine doest eat on his own either only when handled, so I do it every day to make sure he gets good nutrients.Like king said she looks healthy .I would weigh her and see if she loses any weight.

Star69

Original Poster
so i will get a food processes and start making her greens and bugs smoothie instead of baby food :D

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry she's still not eating on her own, has she started losing any weight? When you hand feed her how much food does she typically eat?

Prior to this happening did she eat greens on her own, or just bugs? And how old is she?

Star69

Original Poster
losing weight: not that i can tell
how much food does she eat: typically 6 to 12 mil
did she eat on her own: yes she did very well
how old is she: i got no clue i got her full grown form an abusive family

Star69

Original Poster
i moved her cage in to a window yesterday, she spent all day running back and forth in her cage and she pooped a little i am hoping that is a good sign.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
The reason I asked about her age and whether or not she was eating greens/veggies on her own prior to this starting was because this entire thing may just be that she finally hit the age where she's switched from wanting to eat mostly live protein to wanting to eat mainly greens and veggies. That usually doesn't happen until they are over a year old, usually a bit longer than that, so I think you can explain away the lack of "staple" bug eating as just her naturally not wanting to eat many roaches, crickets, etc. But superworms are considered a treat to most beardies, so as already mentioned on the couple of days a week (usually once or twice a week) where an adult beardie wants live insects, she's holding out for the superworms. This is backed up by the fact that she's not losing weight, and she's eating 13ml of slurries made out of greens every day. She knows she wants/needs the greens, that's why she's eating the slurries. The superworms just spoiled her, and if you really want her to forget about them completely, just keep giving her the greens/veggie slurries every day, and once or twice a week on live protein days, offer only whatever staple bug you usually give her, whether it be crickets, roaches, BSFL, silkworms, etc. If she turns her nose up at that the healthy staple bugs then just feed her the veggie/greens slurries, then on the next live protein day again offer only the healthy staple insects, etc. Eventually she'll get tired of never eating any live protein and she'll go back to eating the healthy staple insects once or twice a week. But no superworms at all, because once she has them again she'll want nothing else again.

As far as her not eating her greens on her own and having to be hand fed the slurries, that's most likely another "spoiled" thing, as someone else already mentioned. Lol, unfortunately it seems your girl feels a bit entitled (she must be a millennial, lol). She only wants the 5-star spa treatments and full-service restaurants, no McDonald's for her ?. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing for her (she's eating the slurries well and not losing weight), but that has to be getting old for you. I know it can be a bonding time with your pet, but whenever my beardies switch over to eating mostly greens it's like my vacation time!!! The cost of feeding them becomes a fraction of what it was, I only have to make one trip to the grocery store and the pet store per month, and since I pre-prepare all their greens and salads one Sunday a month (I make individual Ziploc freezer bags with a day's worth of greens and veggie chop), after that I just get up, turn their lights on, go to the deep-freeze first thing every morning, grab a bag for each of them, and let them thaw out while I'm in the shower and getting dressed and ready to go, or while I'm having coffee and reading the news. Then after their lights have been on for a good hour or two I just grab their bowls from the day before, dump them, get any poops out of their enclosures, and give them their fresh food for the day. That's it. So making them veggie slurries every day and hand-feeding them all would get old, though I'd do it because like you, I love them dearly. Hopefully she'll snap out of that, at least you know that she's healthy, not losing weight, and is remaining active. She's just got a little bit of a diva thing going on....

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I reckon since her life was horrible before you rescued her, she's earnt a bit of pampering.

I'd endulge her If she wants 5 Star treatment from her new humans now, when she's ready she'll let you know. This will help form a great bond between you and her.

Star69

Original Poster
now her skin is turning gray and i am not talking about the light gray of hay i am about to shed i am talking about the dark gray of what the hell is that she has an appointment for the doctor next Friday but if i can figure it out and fix it before that it would save me $60

Star69

Original Poster
89062-1981805512.jpg
89062-1878409735.jpg
89062-9840237088.jpg
89062-648613200.jpg

when she sheds the tip of her nose turns light gray this i am not familiar with and it is spreading it use to be just on her lips now it is up by her eye

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Star69":3cqq4bl7 said:
89062-1981805512.jpg
89062-1878409735.jpg
89062-9840237088.jpg
89062-648613200.jpg

when she sheds the tip of her nose turns light gray this i am not familiar with and it is spreading it use to be just on her lips now it is up by her eye

That looks like a shed to me, mine turns the same colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom