Red coloring on bearded dragons head

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoKiid

92882-3136845725.jpg
I was petting my bearded dragon and noticed that he has some red coloration on his head, he never had that before so it is a bit worrying for me. Have any of you seen the same thing or possibly know what it is?? Any help would be great !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Dino, can you post a full body shot ? The color doesn't look like anything at all, have you fed him anything with red in it lately or do you use red sand ? How long have you had him ? He looks a bit thin, so a good pic will show his body condition.

DinoKiid

Original Poster
AHBD":116it68a said:
Hi Dino, can you post a full body shot ? The color doesn't look like anything at all, have you fed him anything with red in it lately or do you use red sand ? How long have you had him ? He looks a bit thin, so a good pic will show his body condition.

Hi thanks for replying, I've only had him for a two weeks, my cousin said he found him outside his house but couldn't keep him. When I got him he didn't have that color and yes he does look a little thin to me too. These are the only pictures I have at the moment

92882-6536844894.jpg

92882-6302604549.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would be more concerned with his body condition at the moment. He looks quite emaciated and his fat stores are depleted. Offer him plenty of water via drops on his nose to keep him well hydrated. If he takes the water then I would offer him meals of chopped up veges. Offer dark leafy greens like collards, turnip greens, dandelion greens, bok choy greens, mustard greens, etc. Chopping up different kinds of squash and green beans would be good too. Give him small meals a few times per day and see how he takes it. If he doesn't eat the salads on his own, try offering baby food squash or green beans by dripping that on his nose to lick up the same way as with the water. Avoid protein/bugs for now as that may be tough on his system. If he keeps up with that then he should slowly return to a healthy weight. You should see his fat pads on top of his head and along his back be restored after a while. It's important to keep a log of his weight so you can monitor his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom