Beardie hatched with yolk sac need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyshha

92873-7850962933.jpg
My Hatchling hatched with yolk sac

On Monday the 19th I had an egg that I thought was dead due to a huge black spot on the egg w/ a little mold on it . Anyways it hatched and it came out with the egg yolk attached and this red ball as well ( not sure what this is) it looked dead. It's right foot was stuck under its body and stuck to its other foot and tail . I put it in a really shallow dish of Luke warm water to try to get the goo off its tail/feet. It worked .although now it has a crimp in its tail and has been walking a little funny, almost like dragging its belly ( where the red ball is attached) . It hasn't ate anything yet and I'm concerned that it's feet are now messed up or something . Really lost , this has been my first breeding experience and my first clutch all died , except this little one. I just want to know if I can do anything for it . I'm going to try to feed it baby food because it hasn't taken to veggies / crickets and it looks weak .

Please help , concerned for our first beardie baby !
-thanks , Lyshha
92873-2039610395.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Lysha, can you post a few close up pics of it, as well as how he is set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload pics

He may be a very weak baby that doesn't make it, but he also might beat the odds. Keep him on paper towels with at least part of the floor damp. Babies with a large yolk sac rarely eat for at least 4-5 days so don't be too worried, but they do need hydration so get some baby food green beans and squash and mix with a few drops of water. That will give him nutrition and hydration at the same time. Do that 3 times a day....if he doesn't want the baby food right away, just use water with the feeding syringe or eyedropper. It will be touch + go but just see how he does. Best wishes !

Lyshha

Original Poster
Thank you ! I just ran to the store for baby food . I am going to try to feed it right now and see if it likes it .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see the sac in the top pic, it's really huge in the bottom pic. Just see how it goes.

Lyshha

Original Poster
Yeah the yolk sac dried up and fell off yesterday , but the red one was still on it , it's little now . It's still walking a little funny , like it's drunk lol thank you for the comfort . I have been searching this site to see what was wrong and I couldn't find anything . I really appreciate it !

Lyshha

Original Poster
Also should I already put the baby in a tank with lights or should I let him rest in my incubator . I put a uv light over it for now but I was pretty scared to move the baby

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry I didn't get a notification for your latest replies.....you can set him up in a small tank with uvb, just be sure the basking area is more like 95-100 at first [ no higher ] and the cool end is about 82. Spray him at least once a day, but not at night when it's close to bed time. If your house stays below 72 at night you might then put him in the incubator overnight to keep him warmer , just be gentle of course when you lift him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, I was wondering how he was doing?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom