My bearded dragons beard is puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmtexas01

So I've had this beardie for about 2 years now and she has had a few concerning problems recently. She has a bigger stomache than I see on a healthy beardie. This makes me think she may be producing eggs. I haven't noticed any digging which also leads to my next concern. She doesn't like to move too often from one part of her home to another. She isn't very active which makes me think this, and her belly mean she could be producing eggs? Or maybe she is overweight. I'm not sure the normal weight for a beardie her age but any help would be appreciated. I will also post pictures of her beard and belly.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did she just eat/drink or is she shedding. They often puff out like that after a meal and sometimes even store food (temporarily) in their beard - not a great habit but if they swallow it relatively soon not a huge deal. They puff their whole bodies sometimes to loosen a shed. What is her primary diet? At 2 years she should be eating mostly veges with bugs only once or twice per week.

If you suspect eggs you can try feeling for them in her belly. A vet could take an x-ray or ultrasound to tell for sure though.

What is her current weight? Can you post some photos of her whole body?

What does she have in place for lighting? And what are the temperatures around her tank? Proper lighting and heat gradients have a big effect on their health and wellbeing so if something is off with that it could be a factor in her lethargic behavior. They generally tend to be less active as they get older though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom