Brown spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliverciri

Hi this is my first post on here? My beardie has a strange spot under the crease of her arm and I want to know if I should be worried. Shes eating normally, shes very active and has normal bowel movements. Shes shedding right now. Shes fed on a diet of mealworms and frisse 3 times a day. Her temps and humidity are all fine but this spot is really concerning. Heres a picture of the spot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1ej0cx823xj7ey/Photo Jun 21, 1 21 59 PM.jpg?dl=0

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not completely clear to me in the photo but it does look suspicious. Do you have an experienced reptile vet near you? If it were up to me I'd bring her in and have that checked out. A skin test would help reveal if the issue is problematic and if so if it's bacterial or fungal which makes a big difference. In the meantime I would avoid giving baths to help reduce risk of it spreading. Applying a topical antifungal cream may be helpful too if the issue is fungal (shouldn't hurt otherwise).

Oliverciri

Original Poster
CooperDragon":93rtxc0k said:
It's not completely clear to me in the photo but it does look suspicious. Do you have an experienced reptile vet near you? If it were up to me I'd bring her in and have that checked out. A skin test would help reveal if the issue is problematic and if so if it's bacterial or fungal which makes a big difference. In the meantime I would avoid giving baths to help reduce risk of it spreading. Applying a topical antifungal cream may be helpful too if the issue is fungal (shouldn't hurt otherwise).
Im not sure of any in my area. Here is a clearer picture of the spot https://www.dropbox.com/s/45tbho328kdsc7d/Photo Jun 21, 1 54 45 PM.jpg?dl=0 It doesnt seem to be spreading yet, this is the only spot I've seen

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's still too out of focus for me to get a good look. From what I see it looks scabby which I don't like. If it's just dark and a bit stiffer than usual it may just be a rough shed which would be best case and no big deal. It's still probably a good idea to have it tested if you're concerned. I would start with this list to see if there are any reptile vets in the area and if so give them a call to see if they are experienced with bearded dragons and skin issues in particular. http://www.anapsid.org/vets/#vetlist

msmtinct

My female beardie also has a dark spot on her lower back. I took her to a reptile vet and she sold me a silver antibiotic cream (Silver Sulfadiazine Cream 1%) to put on 2x day. That seems to be for bacterial and yeast infections. I did that for 3 weeks and it still seems to be there though it might have improved a tiny bit. It's hard to see depending on her skin color, but most visible in the sun when she turns lighter.

The vet was suggesting surgery--which I would want to avoid! = :( When she saw her she suggested it might be fungal.Has anyone had any luck with other home remedies? I started applying colloidal silver as it's supposed to be good for fungal and bacterial infections.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
msm can you start a thread of your own and post pics of your girl ? That way people will know which dragon they are replying about.

msmtinct

AHBD":89op8flk said:
msm can you start a thread of your own and post pics of your girl ? That way people will know which dragon they are replying about.
OK will create a new post and a pic later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom