My beardie is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my bearded dragon to a park and it got stepped on and now it is lying in its terrarium with an inflamed back and it's beard is puffed out.it moves its head every 5-10 minutes and twitches its eyes every 2 minutes.when it got stepped on it ran away really fast and it pooped with blood coming out with it and it opened its mouth and had a brown bump on its lip. When I took it home it didn't have the brown bump. It breaths a little bit then stops for about 5-10 seconds and starts to breath again. It is about 2 months old. Will it be ok?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Oh I am so sorry, this broke my heart!
Most likely has internal injuries (blood in stool). You really need to get him/her to a qualified herp vet asap!
How did it get stepped on ? This had to be horrifying to you and, your dragon! I hope he makes it!
I would have lost it if someone stepped on my dragon!

Nicholas10

Original Poster
Thanks for the wishes and help. I hope it will survive and be ok! A 5 year old boy was walking backwards and out of the corner of my eye I saw him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no! :cry:
I am so sorry that your dragon got stepped on, geez. He likely has internal injuries if he has had blood coming out. Is his little beard black & is his beard still puffed out?
Can he move at all?
If he is still with you in morning, try to get him to the vets, he needs immediate attention.
Keep him as comfortable as possible overnight, to help.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, ok, so he isn't able to move his arms, legs or tail, at all?
How is his breathing doing?
I hope he is not completely paralyzed. Is he sleeping right now?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nicholas10":2hbuxnym said:
His beard is not puffed out anymore and thanks for the moral support and he cannot move

Poor boy.... you will be beside yourself with worry and grief.....

I wouldn't wait until tomorrow , he needs URGENT vet attention, likely xrays as well as a physical examination and if he's injured but not mortally injured, pain relief URGENTLY. If he were my beardie, I would have taken him to the nearest Vet ER right away after the accident for urgent assessment of his injuries.
IMO he needs to be seen by a vet RIGHT NOW. If he's only bruises or has only minor injuries you'll know for sure will have him on pain relief by now, if he has life threatening injuries (internal) I don't know what the vet's advise would be but you are not doing him any favours by delaying a vet visit.
Paraplegic beardies have survived many years as much loved disabled special needs pets in the right hands.... and had happy and healthy lives.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":q5d8x427 said:
Oh I am so sorry, this broke my heart!
Most likely has internal injuries (blood in stool). You really need to get him/her to a qualified herp vet asap!
How did it get stepped on ? This had to be horrifying to you and, your dragon! I hope he makes it!
I would have lost it if someone stepped on my dragon!

Yep I think I'd seen red and would have gone ballistic in that situation ....

Nicholas10

Original Poster
It can move its head and legs a little bit. It does not look like it's breathing but it is still moving its head.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nicholas10":1yim47kk said:
It can move its head and legs a little bit. It does not look like it's breathing but it is still moving its head.

Find an emergency vet and don't wait - If you want to save him - he needs to be attended to as a matter of emergency NOW .

Please, pick up the phone and call the vet and tell them you are on your way with a critically and severely injured bearded dragon and get him there within the hour , quicker if you possibly can.

THIS IS SERIOUS and LIFE THREATENING and he is in AGONY .

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
kingofnobbys":2m7689iy said:
the first 24hrs in this kind of injury are crucial , you've already wasted at least 9 hours umming and ahhing .
I know how passionate you are , i am to but, try to be kind... the OP is in a panic. Please!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us this morning, were you able to get him into a vets today?
I know many times there isn't a facility open for you to be able to take him in overnight.
Please let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
kingofnobbys":3v45cxcv said:
the first 24hrs in this kind of injury are crucial , you've already wasted at least 9 hours umming and ahhing .

The OP is asking for help, not criticism.

Nicholas, please get your beardie to an experienced reptile vet ASAP. His injuries are quite possibly life threatening, and every second counts in this type of situation. Like some of the other people said, he may very well have internal injuries that need to be treated and fixed by a herp vet, along with x-rays and other such things vital to help save your dragon. Don't wait, he is is critical condition!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please update us as soon as you can, we are all anxious to hear how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom