Vet vs Petco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some guidance here. I have had my beardie for 28 day and I got him from Petco. They have a 30 day vet policy where they buy him back and take him to the vet. If he needs any treatment they will treat him and sell him back when he's a better.

The only reason I'm thinking about using this is a week ago I had to feed him some mealworms till I got more crickets. He vomited them up and quit eating live food and pooping. He has been eating vegetables though. But today he pooped and it looked good. I used that as a chance to feed him and he ate 6-7 aggressively.

My question is should I take him to Petco and vanquish ownership to let them get fecal test and wellness done? To get a free visit or should I just take him in myself? Are they trustworthy enough?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, vomiting was caused by the mealworms and set off the chain of events. It usually makes them queasy for a while after vomiting, but then they bounce back. This is what has happened, so right now it's important to let him recuperate and build up his appetite + strength. A trip to the vet now may set him back, going to a new place + a stressful experience. Just don't feed him anymore mealworms until he's older , and then not in large quantities, and he should recover. He should recuperate + get back on track with crickets + veggies.

It's still up to you to make the decision though.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
AHBD":2qsnpb21 said:
Hi there, vomiting was caused by the mealworms and set off the chain of events. It usually makes them queasy for a while after vomiting, but then they bounce back. This is what has happened, so right now it's important to let him recuperate and build up his appetite + strength. A trip to the vet now may set him back, going to a new place + a stressful experience. Just don't feed him anymore mealworms until he's older , and then not in large quantities, and he should recover. He should recuperate + get back on track with crickets + veggies.

It's still up to you to make the decision though.

I agree, he is already stressed, no need in adding to it. The vets they have generally don't know squat about dragons.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep.... give him a few more days to settle back down .... if he's still "off" find a local herp (reptile) vet and have him check him.... as more than likely, Petco will go nothing but wait anyway ....

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I agree, just wait. TBH, the last thing you want to do is take him back to that horrid place. Chances are they will have absolutely no idea on how to care for them, and can even make him worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom