urate is discolored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob1289

file:///var/folders/y7/snbtvcyx6h32bfd2wgnnpn6m0000gn/T/IMG_3086%202.JPG

if you guys can see this, can you explain to me if this is healthy or not? i moved her cage around and moved her lights so she hasn't been eating much because i feel its a form of relocation stress. I just don't know why her urate looks like this.

Jacob1289

Original Poster
**edit- I have been feeding her squash baby food mixed with water so she gets more hydrated. also, she is fed collard greens every morning.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look too bad. Maybe a bit dehydrated. Sometimes the color or shape goes off for a little while but if it continues it could indicate a hydration or supplementation problem. How long have you been offering her the baby food and extra water? What do you offer for calcium supplement and how much? If you add a lot you may want to cut that back a little bit.

Jacob1289

Original Poster
Well she is almost a year old, and I try to offer her calcium 3 times a week and multivitamin 3 times a week then one day off of both. I just started feeding her squash baby food 2 days ago because she wasn't eating after I moved everything in her cage around and finally got a reptisun 10.0 inside of her cage.

Jacob1289

Original Poster
89988-4902677662.jpg

This is her by the way:) I was just worried because she stays on the cool side on her hammack most of the day too after I moved everything in her cage. I have a inferred temp gun for her bask and it's at 95-100 most of the time. Unless it is off on the temp, I don't really know what's going on

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks healthy. Are you offering her salads every day? A nice varied salad should provide the nutrients she needs without supplements (still supplement bugs when you offer them but offer them less often). Giving her chopped up squash should keep her well hydrated if she goes for it.

Jacob1289

Original Poster
Yes she gets a salad every morning when she wakes up. I'm hoping this is just a phase because she is a really picky eater. It happened with crickets too, she stopped eating then after she got big, then I switched to supers and now she isn't eating those.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's a pretty good size. I'll bet she can go for a while without needing much food which is OK. Just keep offering healthy options and she'll dig in when she's hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom