Rescue beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
I rescued a beardie a few months ago. She has gained weight and is doing really good. But past few days I have noticed her back leg twitching. (Not her whole leg but like the muscle in her thigh) and she has been pretty aggressive. She has never turned her beard black. I can lightly touch her back a few times but after a few pets she will flatten out and open her mouth and fluff her beard out. When I first took her to a vet they ran tests and everything came back normal except her calcium was slightly elevated. My vet told me it's nothing to be concerned about and I shouldn't need to adjust her calcium. She believes the calcium being high was a mixture of poor lighting and the type of food she was given. When I first got her she was just under 100 grams 17in long. She is now almost 400 grams and her color is always bright yellow. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Ashley, I remember when you got her + I had replied to some of your original posts. She was actually 220 grams then, I had asked if you had weighed her + after you did you realized she was actually 220, not 100 grams.

So she's doing MUCH better now at 400 grams, you've done a good job with her. :) An occasional muscle spasm is usually just temporary. If it develops in to constant, then you might get a bit worried. For now just keep an eye on her. As for her mood, was she mellow + tolerant before , easy to handle + pet ? Sometimes during sheds they don't like to be touched much.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2qabbu4q said:
Hi Ashley, I remember when you got her + I had replied to some of your original posts. She was actually 220 grams then, I had asked if you had weighed her + after you did you realized she was actually 220, not 100 grams.

So she's doing MUCH better now at 400 grams, you've done a good job with her. :) An occasional muscle spasm is usually just temporary. If it develops in to constant, then you might get a bit worried. For now just keep an eye on her. As for her mood, was she mellow + tolerant before , easy to handle + pet ? Sometimes during sheds they don't like to be touched much.
she is in shed. She didn't mind being touched or handled when I first got her but that could have been because she was just weak and lethargic. I have handled her a few times with in the past month where she has seemed to be aggressive but she has been going threw some nasty shed at the same time. I don't know when her last shed cycle was but I'm guessing it's been quite a bit of time.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Now she is off of her perch and at the bottom of the tank where she lays when she goes to sleep. But they usually don't go to sleep until 10 or 11. It's only 8:30. With her being a rescue I don't know what her personality is yet. Like my 1 year old that I have had since she was a baby likes to lay in between the cool area and her basking light. But lizzy usually stays in her basking spot until lights out then she goes and lays at the bottom of her tank. For a few days she has had runny poop and today her poop was solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom